The Sirenis Hotels Group is firmly of the opinion that one of the main attractions to ensure its continuity in the tourist sector, is the respect that is shown towards the environment.
Tourism and Environment are linked. Respecting the environment, a rational approach to development, sensible use of the natural resources and minimizing the effect on the environment all go hand in hand with maintaining an attractive tourist offer, guest satisfaction and loyalty towards the hotel chain, together with the awareness of the Group's staff, clients and society in general.
Sirenis Hotels & Resorts’ company policy is based on three basic lines of action:
- The conviction that SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY should be a company policy, involving all its components
- A commitment to achieve the highest possible levels of CLIENT SATISFACTION
- Using procedures which are totally respectful of the ENVIRONMENT and sustainable development.
Based on these principals, every member of our company commits to adhere to the following criteria:
- Contribute to the prevention of contamination whilst engaging in our activity
- Respect and satisfy the legal requisites and any others which the organization may implement
- Fulfil the needs of our collaborators and employees, in addition to assuring their safety
- Support the use of the latest technology
- Achieve high standards of Food Hygiene
- Maintain trained, qualified staff who are totally involved in achieving our objectives and standards
- Actively participate in the growth of our Local Community
- Maintain a close relationship with our suppliers and subcontractors, involving them in our standards
- Systematically study and analyse our Management System results in order to achieve our objectives and assure continued progress
Sirenis Hotels & Resorts has achieved the following certificates:
Environmental Management ISO 14001
The Spanish Association for Standardisation and Certification (AENOR) has recognised the commitment made by Sirenis Hotels & resorts to the environment, by issuing an Environmental Management certificate ISO 14001 to the Sirenis Hotel Club Aura. Thanks to the implementation of an Environmental Management System, covered by the international regulation ISO 14001, the Sirenis Hotel Club Aura is defined as socially responsible, standing out amongst its competitors in the eyes of clients and consumers, making the best use of resources and residue and reducing the environmental impact derived from its activity.
Travelife, using environmental indicators, measures the level of responsibility shown by hotels, via three achievement levels: Bronze, Silver and Gold.
Two hotels in Spain in the Sirenis Hotels & Resorts chain, the Sirenis Hotel Club Aura and the Sirenis Hotel Club Siesta, have obtained the Travelife Gold award for their efforts with the environment and their focus on sustainability.
Travelife is an initiative to implement and manage sustainability within the tourism sector with an international programme of certification based on European and international regulations. Hotels using the Travelife system are constantly striving to improve their efforts in protecting the environment (www.travelifecollection.com). This programme allows travellers to choose hotels which are making an effort to operate in a responsible manner towards the environment and community.
The accreditation process includes an audit which assesses efficient use of resources, residue management and the impact on the local community. It is therefore necessary to produce evidence of these factors in order to obtain the Travelife award.
AENOR ISO 9001 Project
We are working on the implementation of a Multi-site Quality Management System, according to the AENOR ISO 9001 regulation. In this way, Sirenis Hotels & Resorts shows its capacity to offer in a coherent manner, products and services which satisfy both our clients’ needs and the current regulations.