|WEDDINGS||SPA||SIRENIS VIP CLUB|
• What is the official language?
The official language is Spanish, however in the tourist areas, English is spoken.
• Is it possible to change money or withdraw cash in the hotel?
Yes, you will be able to change money at reception and there is a cash-point machine.
• Is there a shopping centre in the Resort?
In the resort you will find souvenir shops and a small shopping centre.
• Where is the closest shopping centre?
The closest shopping centre is located in Playa del Carmen, 25 minutes (35km) from the Resort.
• Can we buy alcohol and tobacco in the resort?
Yes, you will find alcoholic beverages and tobacco in the resort’s shops.
Is it necessary to rent a car to go to the city centre?
No, you can take a taxi or public transport. There is a taxi stop in the hotel.
• What is the climate like in Mexico?
The Mayan Riviera and Yucatan Peninsula have one of the warmest climates in the world. Occasionally, there is rain and wind during September, October and November. The average temperature is 26º with fluctuations of 5 to 7 degrees.
• Which clothes are best in summer?
It is preferable to wear cool clothes and of course don’t forget your swimming costume! Take light cover ups for the evenings too. Gentlemen should bring long trousers for dinners at our themed restaurants.
• Is there a Dress Code in the restaurant?
Yes, for dinners in the themed restaurants, a dress code is required: casual clothes and long trousers for gentlemen (no sports or swimwear allowed).
• What time do you recommend for sunbathing?
With the Mayan Riviera climate, it is preferable to avoid the sun between 1:00p.m. and 4:00p.m, this is especially important for children.
• Which sun protection factor should I use?
The protection factor depends on your skin. If you travel in summer, the temperature can reach more than 35º and we would advise you to use a minimum factor of 20.
• Is there vegetarian food?
There is a wide variety of salads and other dishes to suit vegetarians in the restaurants.
• Are there special dishes for diabetics?
Any guest requiring diabetic dishes is advised to contact the Public Relations Department in order that these may be arranged with the kitchen manager.
• Are food allergies taken into consideration?
Yes, every recommendation from the health authorities and the quality controllers with whom we work is taken into consideration. We have a special process that takes into account every allergy.
• Can we buy medicine in the hotel?
We have basic medicines that do not require a prescription and a medical centre.
• Are reservations necessary for the thematic restaurants?
Yes, dinners in the thematic restaurants are subject to availability and reservations are necessary.
• Is the Spa access free?
Access to the Spa gymnasium is free. A Spa Pass is available, with additional charge, in order to access the wet area (outdoor pool, hydro-massage water beds, saunas, aroma showers, Turkish bath)…
All massages, treatments, wraps, in addition to the yoga, spinning and Pilates lessons, have an additional charge.
• Do children have to be accompanied in order to go in the Spa?
Young people under 18 may not enter the Spa. If parents want to try a specific treatment at the Spa, children can stay and have fun at the mini club.
• Is there baby food such as puree or soup?
At the buffet restaurants you will find at least 2 options of purees that will suit your baby’s taste.
• Is there a baby sitter service in the hotel?
Yes, this service is available in the hotel with highly qualified staff and has an additional charge.